Monday, February 12, 2007

FF Champ!

In the last ten years or so the world of fantasy sports has become huge. I guess it's mainly for us guys(and girls) who need competition. It's not enough to cheer for our football team and against our friends' football team. We have to have something of our own to trash talk about. Since most of us cannot afford to buy a pro sports team, we settle for our "fantasy team."

If you're not familiar with the way this works, here it is: you get together with a group of your friends or coworkers (or in my case, some guys-and one girl-from church) and you have a draft. You take turns going around and picking players from the NFL that you think will do well. Based on your players' performances in real life each week, your fantasy team scores points. For instance, I had Peyton Manning this year. Every time he threw a touchdown, my team got 6 points. If you outscore the team you are pitted against, you win. Simple right?

Well, we survived another year of trash talking and nail biting (we're all still friends) and in the end I ended up winning the trophy. This makes my trash talking much more potent next year. Anyways, here is a picture of me, Carina, and the trophy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Yea, but you could never beat me!! :-)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home