Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas is Almost Here!


We have been very busy lately with all of the festivities of the Christmas season. On Saturday we had a progressive dinner, which if you don't know, it is a multiple-course meal and all the courses are at different people's houses. I had never heard of them until we moved down here but then I realized that it wouldn't be very practical in Maine. We started at our house and had our appetizer, basically some finger foods. At the next house, we had French onion soup, then baked garlic chicken at the "entree house." We had quite the selection of desserts at the last stop. It was a lot of fun and the most we had to drive between courses was 10 minutes.

I was invited to a tool sale last week for employees of TTI, who makes Rigid and Ryobi tools. It was held at one of their warehouses and everything was at least 50% off. I loaded up. I bought a jointer, a belt sander, a biscuit jointer (nothing to do with baking), a chainsaw, a couple canvas tool bags, and a router table. Once I got it all home, my messy shed became full and messy.

So . . . my project these last few days has been to get my shed cleaned out and useable. I built a 10 foot long workbench against one wall and started to organize everything. It looks much better now and it's fully useable. I even built something today that used most of my tools. I can't tell what it is; it's a Christmas present for someone. I'll add a picture later (probably Friday).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Tardif said...

HEY! You got a biscuit maker? Sweet! Send me some biscuits, dude. btw, I've actually heard of some progressive dinners that progressed in Maine. As far as I know they went ok. Maybe you're just not as informed as we all used to think...

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home