Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas in Maine

Sarah and I returned Saturday from a brief trip to Maine for Christmas. We have long since given up on driving there, especially in the winter. An interesting tidbit- the first leg of our flight was from Charlotte to Atlanta. About 10 minutes into the flight I started recognizing places on the ground- the Cliffs at Glassy, Sarah's bank, the great empty area in Dacusville, Lake Keowee. It was pretty cool to actually recognize buildings from the air.

Sunday my parents' church had a Christmas program and Annie and Lianna had a big part in it. They are extremely talented musicians. Dad did a Scripture reading and then Dad, Mom and the girls sang a song together.


We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with my immediate family and my aunts. This Christmas was not a white Christmas, but it was cold. We got our first snow on Tuesday, but most of it melted by the end of the week. (The first picture at taken from the end of my parent's driveway and the second is at the Carrabassett River about a mile away.)



Lianna and I went skiing at Saddleback Mountain on Thursday. There was a lot more snow up near the mountain. About half of the trails were open and we had a great time. Thursday evening we had some lobster and potatoes. The perfect day!



I had a great week relaxing, freezing, and torturing the girls. That's what a good Christmas vacation is all about. Of course the big snow came while we were on our way to Boston on Saturday. There was no snow when we left but there was about 4-5 inches of accumulation by the time we got to Boston.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

All I wanted for some Christmas was snow. We did not get any while I was home until Saturday.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm glad you all had a great time. I think that's so cool that your mom, dad, and sisters sang together!! Thanks for visiting Grammie and Great-Grandma, it really meant a lot to them.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home