Sunday, September 10, 2006

Modern Conveniences, Part 3

Well my phone is now working as an MP3 player as well as a phone. After getting a new music pack and a new phone with no success, I figured the problem was with my computer. I reinstalled Windows and formatted the hard drive. The phone still did not connect to my computer and I had accidentally deleted all of my music in the process (I moved everything to my second hard drive except for the music-I guess it was a hypoglycemic moment).

The only other possible device that could be causing me problems was my USB port; I bought it three years ago because it was the cheapest on the shelf. It was a two port USB 1.1. Since then the new USB 2.0 has become the standard but, until my phone, every device I have used does work, just slowly. The phone is apparently not "backwards compatible." So Matt gave me a three port USB 2.0 PCI card and the phone connected just fine.

So now it is fully operational and really has a good sound with the headset that came with the music pack. I do recommend the phone as long as you have the required computer hardware.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never told me you had a blog! What's up with that? Academy is going great, just finished firearms. Graduate in a few, after which I'll actually have some time to catch up.

-the Barbarian North of You

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home