Monday, July 31, 2006

Project #154,325

My project over the weekend was to build a bookcase to fit under the window in my study- a space about 2' tall and 6' wide. Sarah and I put it together and put one coat of stain on it on Saturday. Today I added the second coat of stain and one layer of poly. I will finish it and bring it in tomorrow sometime. It's made of birch plywood and the trim on the front is poplar and maple ( I ran out of poplar).

We will still have some books packed away even when this bookcase is filled. My eventual plan is a floor to ceiling unit in my study to the left of my desk.

I also went over to Matt's house and we worked on installing his whirlpool tub. I'm sure he'll be adding pictures of this weekend's progress to his blog soon . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Tardif said...

Maybe if you'd get out of your new hammock and quit reading so many books, you'd have time to go to the DMV all by yourself. =)

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home