Friday, June 23, 2006

Carina's Diary, Part 2

Here are some more excerpts from the diary of my 8 month old golden retriever, Carina.

Day 210: I am way faster than my owner now. When he wants me, he has to stand there and call for me to come because chasing me serves no purpose. Usually I come when he calls but sometimes I like to try to make him chase me. I shouldn’t though; it’s just not fair to do that to a slow clutz like him.

Day 214: I have definitely identified my owner’s wife as being the weaker of the two. She finds my “cuteness” irresistible and cannot say no to me. While they are eating I lay my head on her lap and she gives in and slips me some of her food unless my owner sees, then he doesn’t let her. When he’s gone, though . . .

Day 216: My owner was gone again today. I am sensing a pattern. He is gone every third day; where does he go for a whole day at a time? He must get bored and lonely without his trusty dog with him. He better not be playing with another dog while he’s gone.

Day 220: I do not understand what happened today. My owner took me back to the vet’s office and left me all day. They brought me into a room with a bunch of people who were all paying attention to me; I love attention! But then I started feeling really tired and I took a long nap. When I woke up, I did not feel good and my stomach hurt. My owner came and got me and took me home. I have been feeling a little better since supper.

Day 225: My owner played hide and seek with me in the house. I always find him fairly quickly, except when he hides in the closets (I forget that they are there). Well today he went running into the closet in his study to hide and forgot that there was a shelf at the level of his forehead. I jumped on him when he fell on the floor so he would know that I found him!

Day 230: My owner found a new way to be cruel to me today. I don’t know if he intends to torture me or it just comes natural for him. My owner and his wife prepare their food in the kitchen every day and it smells so good, but they never let me taste any; I just eat the same old pellets every day. Sometimes I am in the yard when they cook so I don’t have to smell the food that I can’t eat. Today my owner bought a grill and when he cooks with it the smells spread across the whole backyard. I can smell the tasty meat that's up there on the grill but eveytime I try to check it out I get smacked. One of these days when he's not looking . . . It's not like it will hurt me or anything.

Day 231: I don’t mean to complain; all in all my owners are pretty good. The other dogs in the neighborhood complain that their owners never play with them or don’t allow them inside. I must be pretty special.

3 Comments:

Blogger melbell said...

DEAR CARINA,

PLEASE DON'T BE SAD IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US AND THEN WE FORGET AND IT'S LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED. IT MAKES US A BETTER AND SMARTER DOG IN THE LONG RUN. I HOPE THAT WE CAN MEET SOME DAY. MY OWNER BRINGS ME TO THE ANIMAL SHELTER EVEY WEEKEND THAT SHE IS THERE I ALWAYS ASK MYSELF WHY DOES SHE GO THERE, WHEN SHE HAS ME AT HOME AND I HOPE THAT SHE DOESN'T EVER LEAVE ME THERE, BUT I KNOW SHE WON;T I JUST TRY TO MAKE HER FEEL BAD SO THAT SHE SPOILES ME MORE.

HAVE A DOGONE GOOD DAY, MY COUSIN
CARINA

LOVE,
DIESEL

PS. MY OWNER UPDATED HER BLOG TODAY. TELL YOUR HUMAN OK

10:28 AM  
Blogger melbell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Sam Tardif said...

You have a dog that writes in perfect English (well, fairly good English, anyway) and you still have to go to work? Sounds like you need a new agent. And of course a helicopter to fly you around to all your dog's writing engagements. Need a pilot?

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home