Friday, July 07, 2006

The Grillmaster

Well, I haven't been doing a very good job at updating my blog recently; but I have an excuse. In addition to work and lots of yard work, I have been busy playing with my new grill, much to Sarah's delight. I've had it for about two weeks now and I have been having a blast with it. I got a cookbook with it that has everything in it from steaks and burgers to vegetables and desserts, all on the grill.

Carina likes my grill because there's more room on the porch than in the kitchen so I'm not tripping all over her while I'm cooking(regardless of what her diary says).

Here is my favorite dessert recipe from Weber's Real Grilling. My mom wanted the recipe so I figured I post it here for her in case anyone else wanted it.

Grilled Peaches with Blackberry Sauce

Sauce
1 cup washed blackberries
2 tablespoons sugar


2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
4 medium peaches, firm but ripe, halved and pits removed

1. Sauce: In a food processor, puree the blackberries with 2 tablespoons water. Add the sugar and puree until smooth. Strain seeds out if you desire.

2. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Brush the peach halves all over with the butter mixture.

3. Grill the peach halves over medium heat until they are browned in spots and warmed throughout, 8 minutes, turning them every 3 minutes or so. Serve the peaches warm with the blackberry sauce and vanilla ice cream.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

Hey, Carina looks so cute! I bet she likes your grill b/c she can smell all that wonderful food you are cooking! :-) I may have to try that recipe.

4:00 AM  
Blogger mommmydeb said...

You're not helping my diet much! Or my budget for that matter.
First you tell me about the recipe then type it AND send me the link for the book.
I really think you should come visit and cook for me while here! Show me how well you cook!
LYB
~Mom

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home