Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Her First Mistake

I always thought that Sarah was perfect until today. She was been the perfect girlfriend, fiance, and now wife, but she made a little mistake today. She gave me my birthday present (a little early)- a hammock. That is wonderful! The problem is that we have a lot more projects left on the house. She cannot possibly believe that I will be able to motivate myself to work around the house now that there is a perfectly comfortable hammock in the shade of the cedar tree in our backyard. To top it all off, next month is the annual "Very Good, Very Big, Very Cheap Book Sale" here in the Upstate and after that I will have a large supply of books waiting to be read as well. The combination of the two will be hard to resist.

Oh well, the projects will still be there this winter when it is too cold to sit outside and read. I can always get around to them then. Until then . . . if I don't answer the phone when you call, it's because I'm out on my new hammock relaxing and I didn't bring the phone with me. Don't worry, though; eventually my iced tea will run out and I'll have to come back inside for more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Tardif said...

I can't believe nobody seized the chance to comment on this one yet. HAY BOBBY WAKE UP!!! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU FOR A WEEK NOW!!!
Bad form, Sarah... you have exploited Bobby's one, er... you have exploited one OF Bobby's weaknesses.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home