Thursday, March 30, 2006

Call Me Moses

On Monday night, shortly after I posted my last entry, I had a life changing experience. I saw a burning bush- that no one else saw. I was working at my part time EMS job on a truck outside of the city in the suburbs. We were transporting a routine back pain patient to the hospital (he just wanted more narcotics); I was driving and my partner, Kendra, was in the back with the patient. As I neared the hospital, I started to smell smoke. Across the street from the hospital was a bank with a row of bushes in front of it. That is not so abnormal, except that one of the bushes was on fire. It was not near anything else except for grass and other bushes which were not on fire. I felt a sudden urge to remove my boots, but I was driving so I couldn't (turns out one of my socks had slid down in my boot and was twisted and pinching). I called dispatch and advised them of the fire and to have FD on their way.

We dropped the patient off in the hospital, and gave our report to the nurse. No more than 15 minutes had passed. As we left, we drove back by the bush; there was no fire, no FD. If the fire department had seen a fire, they would have put it out, then spent at least 15-20 minutes to try to locate the cause of the fire, whether it was an electrical cord or a cigarette. The fire must have gone out before they got there. I started to think that I must have been going crazy, but Kendra assured me that she had smelled the smoke from the back of the truck. She also said that she was going to start calling me Moses.

I think the bush was a sign for me to travel to a foreign land, like Moses did. With that in mind, Sarah and I leave for Italy tomorrow. Which is kind of convenient, since we were planning that anyways. I'll try to blog while in Italy, but if I can't I'll sure have a lot to say when I return.

Sincerely,
Moses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home