Saturday, March 25, 2006

Retrievers

So you have a dilemna. It is a beautiful spring day and you have stepped outside to practice using your fly-fishing rod in preparation for the fishing season. Just as you are getting ready to start casting, your golden retriever comes barrelling up to you and looks at you with adoring eyes, begging for you to play with her. What do you do in this situation?

I found the solution.

I tied one of Carina's squeeky toys to the end of the fly rod, and voila . . . problem solved. Carina did not seem to mind running back and forth past me as I flicked the bone back and forth and turned in circles. Plus, I could thouroughly wear out the puppy without running around the yard (looking like an idiot) until I am thouroughly exhausted. (I learned that "I'm too tired from playing with Carina" does not cut it as an excuse to not complete the day's "honey-do" list).

1 Comments:

Blogger mommmydeb said...

You may live in the south but your yankee ingenuity is intact!!!
~Mom & DAD!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home