Friday, May 12, 2006

The Downside of a Good Day Out

After I returned from the baseball game yesterday I found one of the unpleasant results of spending a wonderful day outside having fun. I was playing with Carina and she jumped up and scratched my leg, just above my knee. It was at that moment that I realized that sitting down at the game for 3 hours had caused my shorts to come up a little bit, exposing about 4 inches of the untanned skin of my upper legs- for three straight hours. My legs were bright red and quite warm. Ouch. This morning in the shower I also found out that my arms were burnt too, even though I con't see any redness. Either that or the water in the shower had turned to some sort of corrosive acid that was burning its way down my legs and arms.

3 Comments:

Blogger mommmydeb said...

Are we....like.....suppose to feel bad? You only wrote about it because we are in day 4 of constant cold rain here in northern New England!!! I'll try to show some sympathy...
Oh....to bad.
Sorry, that's the best I could do!
LYB,
Mom

9:04 PM  
Blogger Sam Tardif said...

If I may be so bold to venture a guess? I'd tend to agree with the corrosive acid in the shower head idea. You might want to get that checked out. Incidentally, do you have enemies? It's a possibility they may have arranged for you to adopt Carina... I'm suspecting you were scratched ON PURPOSE!!! I'm sorry. I know, it's difficult to handle all this news at once, but I'm serious! This conspiracy theory thing is really worth looking into.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sam Tardif said...

This doesn't really have anything to do with your post, but I wanted to mention that I'm really glad I found this site. I have missed being able to make fun of you, and now I can do it without even having to risk being burned by a comeback! (At least, not right away.) I had a blast jumping around in your blogs and leaving little comments, and I hope to return frequently to castigate you whenever possible. If I have offended you in anyway ... HA! =) No seriously, let me know. Oh yeah, and I should follow your mom's lead and try for a little sympathy... rrrrrrrr! Oops! That wasn't sympathy. Oh well. Later!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home