Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Things Women do . . .

My wife's newest makeup/facial pampering thing is a process/cream/torture device called "microdermabrasion," which she has encouraged me to use several times. She says that "it makes your face feel sooo good." I have declined simply because of the connotations of the word itself.

Let's break down the word "microdermabrasion."

Micro- very small.

Derm- referring to skin.

Abrasion- A medical term for "a scraped area on the skin"- commonly called "road rash."

Now put it all together. "Very small road rash on your face". Hmmm, sounds like fun to me!

What she says- "Hey, would you like to use my microdermabrasion? It makes your face feel really good!" What I hear- "Hey, would you like to cause road rash on your face with this abrasive cream that I have?"

I have to give it to her though; she does have a really soft face. Maybe there is something to this modern torture cream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Tardif said...

You never know, you might look good with a road rash on your face.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home