Wednesday, May 03, 2006

You're Interested in what?!?!?

I have been searching on blogger.com under people's interests, just to see what kind of things people put down. (I am supposed to be working in the yard right now but it is hot and I am tired.) I came inside, poured a mixed drink (kool-aid and Sierra Mist-try it sometime!) checked my email, and got distracted.

There is a lady from North Carolina who listed "Cloth Diapers" as one of her interests. Now, I don't know how many kids she has, but I really can't see cloth diapers as interesting regardless of how many stinky rugrats you have. I wonder if this is a common interest; is there a Cloth Diapers magazine? Support groups?

One person listed"linux, guns, electronics." That sounds like a very dangerous person to me. they probably have their own personal agent in the ATF (whether they know it or not).

There is an 18 year old who listed 80s music as an interest. Now I can see having an interest in music in general, or a genre of music, or even a particular decade of music-like the 50s, but 80s music? 80s music sounded bad in the 80s!

Here's another good combination- "pokemon, grapefruit, dinosaurs." What?!? Believe it or not, this person was over 18.

How about "fire twirling"? That sounds like a winner. I can imagine how that guy's dates go.
Girl: So what do you like to do for hobbies?
Guy: Well, I like fire twirling.
Girl: What's that?
Guy: Well, it's where you light sticks on fire and spin them around and try not to drop them. If you're really good, you can juggle them and stuff.
Girl: Oh, you know what? I just realized I'm supposed to have a colonoscopy today. I have to go.

How can one admit to having an interest in "rare chickens"? I have nothing to comment on this one. I can't even think of how to mock this hobby.

"Tatoos, crocheting, breastfeeding."

I think that's about all I can handle right now. I know that these people probably look at my interests page or read my blog and laugh at me, but seriously-cloth diapers?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam Tardif said...

I like cloth diapers.

6:45 PM  
Blogger mommmydeb said...

Gee Sam, What do you do with them?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Bobby Wales said...

I don't know if I want to know . . .

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home